No more water marks with Osmo TopOil!
Osmo TopOil is a tough, hardwearing and food-safe hardwax oil wood finish. It is water-repellent and dirt-resistant as well as resistant to wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juices, milk and water.
These types of liquid spillages will tightly bead on the surface without leaving any marks - simply clean by wiping with a cloth!
Osmo TopOil is a clear (transparent), oil-wax combination that is based on natural plant oils and waxes, most suitable for treating furniture and kitchen worktops made of wood - microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel, flake or blister!
What surfaces is Osmo TopOil suitable for?
- The oil is ideal for protecting interior furniture surfaces and work surfaces made of soild wood or edge-glued panels (e.g. kitchen worktops, desks, shelving etc.). Also suited to Cork and OSB.
- Resistant to wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juice, milk and water according to DIN 68861-1A – no water spots. When dry, finish is safe for humans, animals and plants and is suitable for children‘s toys as per EN 71.3 (European norm). Also saliva-resistant and sweatproof according to DIN 53160 (German industrial norm).
How do the sheens differ?
- 3058 Clear Matt - Provides a warm and rich effect without a sheen by emphasising the wood's grain and natural characteristics
- 3068 Natural - Protects wood nearly invisibly so the natural colour tone of wood is preserved - retains the wood's light character with optimally balanced white pigments.
- 3028 Clear Satin - Emphasises the wood grain modestly with a subtle yet noble shimmer.
- 3061 Acacia - Modern elegance with colour that protects. A top coating of Clear TopOil is recommended for best results.
- Food Safe
- Extremely resistant to household chemicals and stains
- Water repellent and wear resistant
- Resistant to saliva and perspiration, as well as common liquid spillages - suitable for children’s toys
- Safe for humans, animals and plants
- Durable and hardwearing
|Coverage||24m² per litre|
|Application||Brush, Roller, Pad|
|Drying Time||Touch dry in 8-10 hours @ 23°C|
|Coats||2 coats recommended|
|Cleanup||With Osmo Brush Cleaner (free of aromatic compounds).|
|Storage||5 years if can kept dry and firmly shut. Store for 24–36 hours at room temperature before use|
|Ingredients||Based on natural plant oils and waxes (sunflower oil, soya oil, thistle oil, carnauba wax and candelilla wax), paraffin, lead-free siccatives (drying agents) and water-repellent additives. VOC classification in compliance with EU regulations (2004/42/EC): out of scope. Detailed declaration of ingrediences available upon request.|
3028 Clear Satin
2058 Clear Matt
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 18%). Osmo Top Oil is ready to use, please do not thin. Stir well before use. Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed. As a general rule, wear a dust mask during sanding works. Fill small cracks, larger joints or holes in wood (with Osmo Wood Filler).
If possible, please apply the first coat to all sides before installation. Sand wood surfaces carefully. Begin with coarse sandpaper like Klingspor PS 22 K Velcro Discs x5 (D.I.Y. Pack) - final sanding work for flooring 120-150, for furniture P220-240. Before oiling the surface, remove sanding dust with a broom or vacuum. The finished surface is, among other things, influenced by the wood's natural characteristics. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
How to Apply Osmo TopOil
Apply thinly along the wood grain with a lint-free cloth. Allow to dry for approx. 8-10 hours with good ventilation.
Repeat as above 2-3 times.
When renovating, one coat applied to the clean and dry surface with a lint-free cloth is usually sufficient.
If a higher gloss level is desired, after thoroughly drying apply Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner (also available as spray) thinly and polish when dry. Wood surfaces treated with Osmo Top Oil are easy to maintain. Remove coarse dirt with a broom or a vacuum cleaner. To clean, add Osmo Wash and Care concentrate to mop water and clean the surface with a damp (not wet!) cloth.
Use Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner to remove tough stains, which cleans and regenerates the surface at the same time.
Manufacturer's Part Numbers (MPN):
3028, 3058, 3061, 3068