Protect, recolour and extend the lifespan of your exterior buildings.
Tough, durable paint displaying outstanding colour retention. Uses water-based technology which will flex with the substrate rather than crack or flake. Perfect for the protection of exterior buildings made from wooden, metal & plastic cladded substrates. The ultimate protection.
For a limited time only we are giving away free paint accessories with every Barn Paint order. The accessories bundle you will receive is dependent on the size of tin purchased:
The bundle will arrive alongside your Barn Paint - you do not need to add it to your shopping basket.
|Tin Size||Accessories Bundle||Worth|
PLEASE NOTE: 20L BEDEC BARN PAINT WILL USUALLY TAKE 2-3 DAYS FOR DELIVERY.
|Water Silos||Cladded Industrial & Factory Units|
|Wooden, Corrugated Metal||Metal Box Cladding|
- Resistant against cracking, blistering and flaking
- Resistant to weather and prevents algae build-up and Rot
- Easy to apply
- Long lasting excellent colour retention
- Can be used on multiple surface applications
- Available in semi-transparent, matt, gloss and semi gloss finish
- Self-priming (unless applying to bare steel or rusty surfaces. Please prime with Bedec All Metals Primer first.)
- Paint on your pre-painted surfaces (even those coated with weathered bitumen, tar, varnish or creosote).
|Coverage||13–15m² per litre (depending on substrate and porosity)|
|Application||Brush, Roller, Airless Spray, HVLP Spray|
|Drying Time||Touch dry in 2–4 hours; dry to recoat in 4 hours @ 23°C|
|Cleanup||Clean directly after using water|
|Storage||2 years if can kept dry and firmly shut, away from direct sunlight|
|MPN||AK0002, AK0003, AK0083, AK0095, AK1200, AK1296, AK1487, AK1873, AK1880, AK2007, AK2008, AK2009, AK2010, AK2011, AK2013, AK2014, AK2015, AKB001, AKE004, AKH003, AN0002, AN0003, AV0002, AV0003|
Carry out any structural repairs prior to application. The substrate must be sound, dry and free from oil and grease:
- Carry out cleaning with a liqiud detergent solution rinsed with clean water.
- Allow to dry.
- Brush clean surfaces contaminated with lichen or moss.
- Treat with an Anti-Fungal and wash until clean.
- Allow to dry.
- Plastic, metal, timber and smooth surfaces should be rubbed down with abrasive paper or equivalent.
- Prime bare steel and rust with Bedec All Metals Primer after appropriate preparation.
- Treat stains with a Stain Block prior to painting.
- Allow new creosote (3 weeks) and galvanised (1 month) to 'weather' before painting.
How to Apply Bedec Barn Paint
Apply by Brush, Roller or Conventional/Airless Spray. It can be applied to previously painted surfaces and is suitable for many applications including fence posts, plastic cladded buildings and much more exterior wooden/metal surfaces.
No primer or undercoat is necessary unless used on ferrous metal (mild steel) or where staining could occur.
For porous substrates, thin the first coat with 30% water (this will act as a self-primer). Do not apply at temperatures below 8ºC. Avoid applying in foggy conditions, or if rain looks likely. Use two full coats for most effective and aesthetic protection.
Approximately 12–14 m²/litre when applied by Brush or Roller (dependent on texture and porosity of substrate).
Please note that Airless Spraying will considerably reduce this to 6–8 m²/litre.
Touch dry in approximately 2 hours, normally re-coatable after 4 hours at 18°C and 65% RH. Optimum hardness is reached after 2 weeks. Ensure good ventilation during application and drying. This ensures superior protection of the substrate rather than flake or crack that you could receive with an inferior product.
Clean up: Warm soapy water.
Manufacturer's Part Numbers (MPN):
AK0002, AK0003, AK0083, AK0095, AK1200, AK1296, AK1487, AK1873, AK1880, AK2007, AK2008, AK2009, AK2010, AK2011, AK2013, AK2014, AK2015, AKB001, AKE004, AKH003, AN0002, AN0003, AV0002, AV0003