Bedec Barn Paint will protect, recolour and extend the lifespan of your exterior buildings.
Tough, durable paint displaying outstanding colour retention. Uses water-based technology which will flex with the substrate rather than crack or flake. Perfect for the protection of exterior buildings made from wooden, metal & plastic cladded substrates to offer the ultimate exterior protection.
PLEASE NOTE: 20L BEDEC BARN PAINT WILL USUALLY TAKE 2-3 DAYS FOR DELIVERY.
Exterior: Fencing, Guttering, Barns, Gates, Outbuildings, Drainpipes, Windows, Water Silos, Posts, Galvanised Steel, Horse Stables, Farm Equipment, Tanks, Doors, Garden Sheds, Cladded Industrial and Factory Units, Corrugated Metal, Metal Box Cladding
- Resistant against cracking, blistering and flaking
- Resistant to weather - prevents algae build-up and Rot
- Easy to apply
- Long lasting excellent colour retention
- Use on multiple surface applications
- Available in semi-transparent, matt, gloss and semi gloss finish
- Self-priming (unless applying to bare steel or rusty surfaces. Please prime with Bedec All Metals Primer first.)
- Paint on your pre-painted surfaces (even those coated with weathered bitumen, tar, varnish or creosote).
|Coverage||13–15m² per litre (depending on substrate and porosity)|
|Application||Brush, Roller, Airless Spray, HVLP Spray|
|Drying Time||Touch dry in 2–4 hours; dry to recoat in 4 hours @ 23°C|
|Cleanup||Clean directly after using water|
|Storage||2 years if can kept dry and firmly shut, away from direct sunlight|
|MPN||AK0002, AK0003, AK0083, AK0095, AK1200, AK1296, AK1487, AK1873, AK1880, AK2007, AK2008, AK2009, AK2010, AK2011, AK2013, AK2014, AK2015, AKB001, AKE004, AKH003, AN0002, AN0003, AV0002, AV0003|
Carry out any structural repairs prior to application. The substrate must be sound, dry and free from oil and grease:
- Carry out cleaning with a liqiud detergent solution rinsed with clean water.
- Allow to dry.
- Brush clean surfaces contaminated with lichen or moss.
- Treat with an Anti-Fungal and wash until clean.
- Allow to dry.
- Plastic, metal, timber and smooth surfaces should be rubbed down with abrasive paper or equivalent.
- Prime bare steel and rust with Bedec All Metals Primer after appropriate preparation.
- Treat stains with a Stain Block prior to painting.
- Allow new creosote (3 weeks) and galvanised (1 month) to 'weather' before painting.
How to Apply Bedec Barn Paint
Apply by Brush (we recommend the Rodo Prodec Premier Synthetic Paint Brush), Roller or Conventional/Airless Spray. It can be applied to previously painted surfaces and is suitable for many applications including fence posts, plastic cladded buildings and much more exterior wooden/metal surfaces.
No primer or undercoat is necessary unless used on ferrous metal (mild steel) or where staining could occur.
For porous substrates, thin the first coat with 30% water (this will act as a self-primer). Do not apply at temperatures below 8ºC. Avoid applying in foggy conditions, or if rain looks likely. Use two full coats for most effective and aesthetic protection.
Approximately 12–14 m²/litre when applied by Brush or Roller (dependent on texture and porosity of substrate).
Please note that Airless Spraying will considerably reduce this to 6–8 m²/litre.
Touch dry in approximately 2 hours, normally re-coatable after 4 hours at 18°C and 65% RH. Optimum hardness is reached after 2 weeks. Ensure good ventilation during application and drying. This ensures superior protection of the substrate rather than flake or crack that you could receive with an inferior product.
Clean up: Warm soapy water.