Liberon Decking Oil
Feeds, nourishes and enhances your decking in a beautiful natural finish.
Emphasise your decking's natural beauty with Liberon's highly water-resistant, UV enhanced formula. Perfect for reviving and restoring colour to greying decking.
- Protects most types of timber decking
- UV filters prevent fading
- Revives weathered/greying decking
- Suitable for use on fences, garden sheds, gates and hot tubs.
|Coverage||10m² per litre|
|Application||Brush, roller and spray|
|Drying Time||Touch dry in 24 - 48 hours|
|Coats||2 coats recommended|
|Storage||Always store in dry conditions with the lid firmly shut. Keep out the way of children.|
Before applying Liberon Decking Oil, always ensure that the decking timber is clean from any grease, and general dirt. Making these preparations will secure the final results in place.
Any previous varnishes, paints and wood stains must be removed from the decking by stripping back the wood.
If sanding is required, it’s recommended to use 120-150 grit sized abrasives, remove all traces of dust that may have remained.
Last step, sweep the decking with a strong stiff broom or brush to ensure that all of the surface area is free from any dirt and debris before applying the oil.
Decking can be made from oily timbers or different wood species, if you are unsure about applying Liberon Decking oil, check with the decking supplier for guidance. Check for how long decking should be exposed to weather before the oil application process.
Here at AllFinishes we take health and safety seriously and recommend you use the correct protection for the job.
Please check out our Moldex range for high quality respirators and hearing protection during sanding works.
Before starting your oiling endeavours, always do a test section of the wood to assess and analyse the finish and reaction to your wood.
Always follow the manufacturing guidelines of the product and wood.
Apply a generous coat of decking oil to ensure that a large amount is absorbed by the wood.
Liberon oil finishes bring out the natural colours and are ideal for feeding, protecting and preserving wood surfaces.
For softwood decking,
- Stir the mixture well before applying and from time to time during the oiling process.
- You want to apply a healthy amount of Liberon Decking Oil, for the best results it’s recommended you use a high quality brush or roller you can trust.
- Allow the oil penetrate and marry the wood for roughly 15 to 30 minutes between each coat.
- After a maximum of 30 minutes, then apply the second coat of oil to your timber.
- It’s important to apply your second coat within the time suggested, even if the decking is still actively wet from the application.
- It’s recommended to apply two coats, but apply more coats to the decking until the timber no longer absorbs the oil.
- Remove any access oil with the lint-free cloth, check out our Rubio Monocoat Lint-Free Cloths.
- Allow the decking to dry between 24-48 hours.
For hardwood decking,
- For the best outcome of the oiling, apply and work in the oil thinly using a lint-free cloth.
- It’s very important that any excess oil that may have been left on the surface is wiped off thoroughly with a clean cloth.
- The specie and the age of the wood can determine the impact and effect of how the oil behaves. It may need less or more oil. New hardwoods can hold a lot natural oils and this can determine the amount of Liberon Decking Oil to use.
On high traffic areas, re-apply the oil with 1 – 2 coats when required to do so.
Preserving the look is always important to take note of when taking care of anything around your home. It’s recommended that the decking areas are swept regularly as dirt can eventually take hold of the decking, due to natural organic elements if not removed from time to time.
It’s recommended to apply the Decking Oil once annually with 1 – 2 coats applied. This is just to allow your decking areas to withhold the fresh design.
The final colour is dependent on the colour oil chosen and the substrate you have applied onto. This is why we recommend again that the oil is first applied to a testing piece of timber.
Manufacturer's Part Numbers (MPN):
003796, 003795, 003793, 003791, 069956, 069955
3282390046951, 3282390046944, 3282390046937, 3282390046920, 3282390090190, 3282390090206