How to apply Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C
Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C is our recommended choice of oil for all interior flooring and woodword, including furniture, serving boards, tabletops and even guitar bodies. We strongly suggest applying by hand using the scrubby pads to avoid an excess of oil, but we have instructions for professional application to floors as well.
You will need:
- Sanding machine and sandpaper
- Rubio Cleaner
- Oil Plus 2C (Clear or Colour)
- Paint can opener
- Stirring stick
1. Start off by removing existing finishes with a paint and varnish remover.
3. Lightly sand surface prior to applying Oil Plus 2C with a 120-150 grit paper. Please note that the higher grit of sanding material used, the lighter the colour of the oil will be.
4. Begin with coarse sandpaper - final sanding work for furniture P220-240.
5. Before oiling the surface, remove sanding dust with a broom or vacuum.
6. Use Rubio Wood Cleaner to remove impurities and other contaminates from the surface of the wood. This will also eliminate all remains of dust.
1. Carefully mix Part A and B components with ratio 3:1 of Part A to Part B.
2. Once cleaned surface is dry, spread out a small quantity of Oil Plus 2C with a Rubio Monocoat Scrubby Pad. These are specially designed to penetrate the wood fibres for long-lasting and even coverage.
3. Let oil absorb for a few minutes..
4. Thoroughly remove excess with Rubio Monocat White Rags within 15 minutes per zone.
5. Surface should feel dry - finish all zones the same way.
6. In a well-ventilated room, the surface can be used after 24 - 36 hours.
Wood surfaces treated with Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C are very easy to maintain. Remove coarse dirt with a broom or a vacuum cleaner. To clean, add Rubio Monocoat Natural Soap to water & clean the surface with a damp mop or cloth.
To refresh & clean intensively, we highly recommend:
Rubio Monocoat Grease Remover to remove stubborn grease stains.
Rubio Monocoat Lime Spot Remover for stains caused by water rings, radiator leaks, urine, or other hard water stains.
Rubio Monocoat Tannin Remover for rings from metal/cans, moisture spots, and acid spots.
For general maintenance or to refresh the look of the original oil, we highly recommend:
Prepare & Aftercare processes will be the same as Manual. Please see above.
1. Apply a small amount of Oil Plus 2C and spread it out using a polisher with a thin beige pad. Treat one zone of 5 - 10 m² at a time.
2. Leave to react for a couple of minutes.
3. Remove all excess oil using a polisher with a thin white pad within 15 minutes per zone. The surface should feel hand-dry after removal of the excess product.