Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C (Part A and B) Colour
One-Coat Revolutionary Protection in a Beautiful
The only single coat application oil on the market. Protect and enhance your wood in one single layer. The warm and rich effect ensures all of your interior wooden surfaces look both luxurious & elegant. Oil Plus 2C is VOC free, making it the ideal choice for application on your kitchen wooden surfaces.
Not sure which colour to choose? Try a sample: Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C Sample
For a completely clear, non-yellowing finish, see Rubio Monocoat Oil Pure
For more intensive colouration, please pre-treat the wooden surface with Rubio Monocoat Precolor. Designed to work in conjunction with eachother.
Do I need Part A and B?
- Part A only is recommended for low-traffic areas such as tabletops. For high-traffic or scuff-prone areas you will need Part B. This is an accelerator, which is strongly recommended for areas such as wooden floors, bathrooms & kitchen worktops. Part B ensures a quick dry, cure and superior protection. It also increases water-resistance of the finish. The surface will be fully cured 7 days after application.
Using Part A alone will extend the curing period to 21 days, increasing the chance of scuffing.
Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus is
- VOC free. Contains 0% Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) or other harmful chemicals
- Ideal for protection all wooden floors (solid wood, PlankWood, blockstrip, oriented strand board and cork floors) & wooden furniture
- Economical with oustanding coverage - 1 Litre of oil is enough to finish 30–50 square metres of wood
- The one coat system that offers time savings of up to 42% compared to multi-coat wood finishes
- Designed to enhance the natural look of wood whilst offering high quality, durable protection
- Versatile - oils can be applied to any type of wood and can be used on floors, bathrooms, countertops, furniture, doors and stairs
- Molecular bonding, ensuring a consistent finish every time with no overlap
|Coverage||30–50m2 per litre|
|Application||Brush, Roller, Pad|
|Drying Time||Touch dry in 15 minutes @ 23°C. Fully cured in 24–36 hours|
|Cleanup||White spirit or brush cleaner|
36 months in dry conditions and in its original packaging. Keep away from frost.
|VOC||0g/l (VOC Free)|
|Ingredients||Based on Linseed oils and waxes|
Perfect sanding is a must for a clean and attractive surface finish. Please see the technical data sheet for the recommended sanding sequences for the surface you are treating. Vacuum clean thoroughly, remove any remaining dust with Rubio Monocoat Cleaner.
A trial application of Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C is recommended on a small section of the substrate before commencing.
How do I apply Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C?
Oils enhance the natural tone of wood. Applying the product too generously and with insufficient ventilation will lead to delays in drying.
If using both components, carefully mix the two components (1 to 2 min) with a ratio of approximately 3:1 of Part A to Part B.
Once the cleaned surface is dry, spread out a small quantity of Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C with a cloth or scrub pad - we recommend Rubio Monocoat's specially designed Scrubby Set, which helps the oil penetrate the wood fibres for long-lasting and even coverage. Work in zones of 5–10 m2.
Let the oil absorb for a few minutes. Thoroughly remove all excess of oil with a clean cloth within 15 minutes per zone. The surface should feel dry! Finish all zones the same way.
After 24–36 hours the surface can be used.
Wood surfaces treated with Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C are very easy to maintain.
Remove coarse dirt with a broom or a vacuum cleaner. To clean, add Rubio Monocoat Natural Soap to water and clean the surface with a damp mop or cloth.
To refresh and clean intensively, we highly recommend:
- Rubio Monocoat Grease Remover to remove stubborn grease stains
- Rubio Monocoat Lime Spot Remover for stains caused by water rings, radiator leaks, urine, or other hard water stains
- Rubio Monocoat Tannin Remover for rings from metal/cans, moisture spots, and acid spots
For general maintenance or to refresh the look of the original oil, we highly recommend: