Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C (Part A and B) Colour
Rubio Monocoat Revolutionary Protection in a Beautiful, Tinted Finish!
Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C is the newest generation of oils, designed to protect and enhance your wood in one single layer. Choose from 40 colours to emphasise the wood's grain and natural characteristics and provide a warm and rich effect to ensure that any interior looks luxurious and elegant. Plus, the oil is completely VOC-free!
Not sure which colour to choose? Try a sample size first: Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C Sample Sizes
For a completely clear, non-yellowing finish, see Rubio Monocoat Oil Pure.
Discover the revolutionary Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C in our range of 40 beautiful tints to complement your wood's true beauty whilst offering a durable, high quality protection! For more intensive colouration, Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C Colour should be used in combination with Rubio Monocoat Precolor.
Due to its unique formulation, Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C is the only single coat application oil on the market. The natural ingredients on which the oils are based generate a molecular reaction with the exposed cellulose fibres of the wood. This ensures a consistent finish which is easy to apply in one application and absolutely no visible overlap - even after drying.
Rubio Monocoat is a premium timber oil that gives you great coverage on your project while saving on costs, as it only requires a single coating and has a large spread rate. This offers the added benefits of reduced labour time and costs. On large projects especially this will make a big difference, so rest assured that you are purchasing a premium product for a reason.
This innovative and ground-breaking molecular bonding technology provides a very high average spread rate of 50 m²/L, which makes it both cost-effective yet superior quality!
What types of surfaces is Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C most suitable for?
- Ideal for protecting all wooden floors (solid wood, PlankWood, blockstrip, oriented strand board and cork floors) and wooden furniture. It is resistant to dirt, water and abrasion - in comparison to conventional finishes the use of plant ingredients creates a more evenly coloured and more harmonious appearance!
Do I need Part A and B?
- Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C can be used on its' own as a Single Pack (Part A) for wooden surfaces like furniture, kitchen tops and chopping boards, but for more high-traffic or scuff-prone areas like wooden floors, bathrooms and table tops, an Accelerator (Part B) will ensure a quick dry, quick cure and superior protection. By using the Part B, the surface will be fully cured within 7 days of application.
Using Part A alone will extend the curing period to 21 days, increasing the chance of scuffing.
- Monocoat contains 0% Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC), nor does it contain other harmful chemicals
- 40 contemporary colours can be used alone or in combination with Rubio Monocoat Precolor for intensive colouration
- Monocoat is economical. 1 Litre of oil is enough to finish 30–50 square metres of wood
- The one coat system offers time savings of up to 42% compared to multi-coat wood finished
- Enhances the natural look of wood at the same time as protecting the surface
- Monocoat is versatile - the oils can be applied to any type of wood and can be used on floors, bathrooms, countertops, furniture, doors and stairs
- Molecular bonding ensures a consistent finish with no overlap
|Coverage||30–50m2 per litre|
|Application||Brush, Roller, Pad|
|Drying Time||Touch dry in 15 minutes @ 23°C. Fully cured in 24–36 hours|
|Cleanup||White spirit or brush cleaner|
|Storage||1 Year if can kept dry and firmly shut|
|Ingredients||Based on Linseed oils and waxes|
Perfect sanding is a must for a clean and attractive surface finish. Please see the technical data sheet for the recommended sanding sequences for the surface you are treating. Vacuum clean thoroughly, remove any remaining dust with Rubio Monocoat Cleaner.
A trial application of Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C is recommended on a small section of the substrate before commencing.
How do I apply Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C?
Oils enhance the natural tone of wood. Applying the product too generously and with insufficient ventilation will lead to delays in drying.
If using both components, carefully mix the two components (1 to 2 min) with a ratio of approximately 3:1 of Part A to Part B.
Once the cleaned surface is dry, spread out a small quantity of Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C with a cloth or scrub pad - we recommend Rubio Monocoat's specially designed Scrubby Set, which helps the oil penetrate the wood fibres for long-lasting and even coverage. Work in zones of 5–10 m2.
Let the oil absorb for a few minutes. Thoroughly remove all excess of oil with a clean cloth within 15 minutes per zone. The surface should feel dry! Finish all zones the same way.
After 24–36 hours the surface can be used.
Wood surfaces treated with Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C are very easy to maintain.
Remove coarse dirt with a broom or a vacuum cleaner. To clean, add Rubio Monocoat Natural Soap to water and clean the surface with a damp mop or cloth.
To refresh and clean intensively, we highly recommend:
- Rubio Monocoat Grease Remover to remove stubborn grease stains
- Rubio Monocoat Lime Spot Remover for stains caused by water rings, radiator leaks, urine, or other hard water stains
- Rubio Monocoat Tannin Remover for rings from metal/cans, moisture spots, and acid spots
For general maintenance or to refresh the look of the original oil, we highly recommend: