Bona Intense Primer
Give your wooden floors lovely rich wood colour before applying Bona Lacquer's
Bona's range of primers are designed to be used in conjunction with Bona waterborne coatings. There are six formulations that will help you achieve either a totally natural look to your floor or colouration from Scandinavian white to a rich amber. Bona Intense is a primer with a medium rich wood colouration. Bona Intense has excellent abrasion properties and is highly suitable for floors with underfloor heating and/or moving floors such as end grain or plank floors. Suitable on practically all types of wood but especially on medium to dark species.
Bona Intense Primer offers medium rich wood colouration with excellent abrasion properties. It is highly suitable for floors with underfloor heating and/or moving floors such as end grain or plank floors. Bona Intense is blended with the purest raw materials and is manufactured in Sweden, resulting in a superior and premium product.
What applications/uses is Bona Intense Primer most suitable for?
Bona Intense is suitable on practically all types of wood and especially on tropical wood. Combine with natural Bona Mega, Bona Traffic HD or Bona Traffic HD Anti Slip to achieve the look and feel of pure wood with the superior protection of a quality lacquer. Ideal for interior floor surfaces such as solid wood like Oak, Mahogany, Teak, Acacia, Ash, Walnut and Exotic Wood Species; and engineered wood such as Oak, Ash and Walnut.
- For a medium rich wood colouration
- Highly recommended for floors with underfloor heating
- Good compatibility to many tropical wood species
- Excellent abrasion properties, no clogging of abrasives
- Reduces potential for side-bonding
- Quick drying
- Compatible with all Bona’s waterborne lacquers
- GreenGuard approved for low indoor emissions
|Coverage||Approx 8-10m2 per litre|
|Drying Time||Touch dry and ready to recoat in 2–3 hours @ 20°C|
|Coats||1 coat of Bona Intense Primer, then 2–3 coats of Bona Lacquer|
|Cleanup||Clean directly after using water|
|Storage||1 Year if can kept dry and firmly shut and away from direct sunlight|
Safety Data Sheet (135kb PDF)
Ensure floor is acclimatised to its end-use environment. The surface which is to be treated must be sanded back to bare wood, dry and free from sanding dust, oil, wax and other contamination. It is recommended to finalise the sanding with a Multi Disc.
Allow product to reach room temperature. Optimal application conditions are between 18–25°C and 30–60% relative air humidity. High temperatures and low humidity shorten, low temperatures and high humidity lengthen drying time. Minimum temperature for use is 13°C.
Using a Bona Roller, apply the primer evenly avoiding accumulation of product. Care should be taken to achieve a uniform level of timber saturation to avoid colour variation. Always maintain a ‘wet edge’ to avoid overlaps.
When dry, abrade to reduce grain raise using the Bona Scrad system or a sanding screen grit 150 or finer. Remove all dust and apply 2-3 layers of a Bona Lacquer depending on wear resistance requirements.
- Start the application by stroking the roller along the room’s edge, going wall to wall, along the grain of the wood. Use a brush to reach all the way out to the edge
- Smooth the brush application with the roller
- Stroke once again with the roller, wall to wall, but leave a small space between the previous roller strokes
- Close and smooth out the gap on your return
- Repeat in the same manner until the entire floor has been treated
Bona Intense should never be used as the final treatment for timber floors.