Bona Amber Primer
Give your wood floors a rich amber colouration before applying Bona Amber Primer
Bona's range of primers are designed to be used in conjunction with Bona waterborne coatings. There are six formulations that will help you achieve either a totally natural look to your floor or colouration from Scandinavian white to a rich amber. Primer with a medium rich wood colouration. Bona Intense has excellent abrasion properties and is highly suitable for floors with underfloor heating and/or moving floors such as end grain or plank floors. Suitable on practically all types of wood but especially on medium to dark species.
Bona Amber Primer produces a rich, amber wood colouration similar to that of traditional, solvent based lacquers but without the hazards associated. It has excellent abrasion properties, and is highly suitable for floors with underfloor heating and/or moving floors such as end grain or plank floors. For best impression combine with a natural, extra matt or matt Bona Mega, Bona Traffic HD or Bona Traffic HD Anti Slip lacquer.
Ideal for interior floor surfaces such as solid wood like Oak, Pine, Acacia, and Ash; and engineered wood such as Oak and Ash.
Bona Amber Primer is blended with the purest raw materials and is manufactured in Sweden.
- Rich, amber wood colouration for a medium rich wood colouration
- Highly recommended for floors with underfloor heating
- Good compatibility to many tropical wood species
- Excellent abrasion properties, no clogging of abrasives
- Reduces potential for side-bonding
- Quick drying
- Compatible with all Bona’s waterborne lacquers
- GreenGuard approved for low indoor emissions.
|Coverage||Approx 8-10m2 per litre|
|Drying Time||Touch dry and ready to recoat in 2–3 hours @ 20°C|
|Coats||2 coats of Bona Amber Primer, then 1–2 coats of Bona Lacquer|
|Cleanup||Clean directly after using water|
|Storage||1 Year if can kept dry and firmly shut and away from direct sunlight|
Safety Data Sheet (134kb PDF)
We take health and safety seriously here at AllFinishes and recommend you use the correct protection for the job. Disregarding safety equipment can be damaging and result in long term health conditions. Please check out our Moldex range for high quality respirators and hearing protection.
Using a Bona Roller, apply the primer evenly avoiding accumulation of product. Care should be taken to achieve a uniform level of timber saturation to avoid colour variation. Always maintain a ‘wet edge’ to avoid overlaps. When dry, abrade to reduce grain raise using the Bona Scrad system or a sanding screen grit 150 or finer.
Remove all dust and apply an additional layer of Bona Amberseal and let dry.
Apply 1–2 layers of a waterborne lacquer from Bona depending on wear resistance requirement.
Best Practice Methodology:
- Start the application by stroking the roller along the room’s edge, going wall to wall, along the grain of the wood.
- Use a brush to reach all the way out to the edge.
- Smooth the brush application with the roller.
- Stroke once again with the roller, wall to wall, but leave a small space between the previous roller strokes.
- Close and smooth out the gap on your return.
Repeat in the same manner until the entire floor has been treated.
Bona Amber should never be used as the final treatment for timber floors.