A water-borne wood primer designed for use on wood flooring - suitable for oak and darker/tropical wood species.
Bona Amber Primer is perfect for either domestic or commercial flooring. Produces a rich, amber wood colouration on wood flooring without the associated hazards of a traditional solvent-based lacquer. Ideal for floors with underfloor heating and/or moving floors such as end grain or plank floors.Has excellent abrasion properties. The Primer is also GreenGuard approved for low indoor emissions.
Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to order a free sample.
Ideal for interior floor surfaces such as solid wood (e.g. Oak, Pine, Acacia, and Ash); and engineered wood (such as Oak and Ash).
- Rich, amber wood colouration for a medium rich wood colouration
- Highly recommended for floors with underfloor heating
- Good compatibility to many tropical wood species
- Excellent abrasion properties, no clogging of abrasives
- Reduces potential for side-bonding
- Quick drying
- Compatible with all Bona’s waterborne lacquers
- GreenGuard approved for low indoor emissions.
|Coverage||Approx 8-10m2 per litre|
|Drying Time||Touch dry and ready to recoat in 2–3 hours @ 20°C|
|Coats||2 coats of Bona Amber Primer, then 1–2 coats of Bona Lacquer|
|Cleanup||Clean directly after using water|
|Storage||1 Year if can kept dry and firmly shut and away from direct sunlight|
We take health and safety seriously here at AllFinishes and recommend you use the correct protection for the job. Disregarding safety equipment can be damaging and result in long term health conditions. Please check out our Moldex range for high quality respirators and hearing protection.
Using a Bona Roller, apply the primer evenly avoiding accumulation of product. Care should be taken to achieve a uniform level of timber saturation to avoid colour variation. Always maintain a ‘wet edge’ to avoid overlaps. When dry, abrade to reduce grain raise using the Bona Scrad system or a sanding screen grit 150 or finer.
Remove all dust and apply an additional layer of Bona Amber. Seal and let dry.
Apply 1–2 layers of a waterborne lacquer from Bona depending on wear resistance requirement.
- Start the application by stroking the roller along the room’s edge, going wall to wall, along the grain of the wood.
- Use a brush to reach all the way out to the edge.
- Smooth the brush application with the roller.
- Stroke once again with the roller, wall to wall, but leave a small space between the previous roller strokes.
- Close and smooth out the gap on your return.
Repeat in the same manner until the entire floor has been treated.
Bona Amber should never be used as the final treatment for timber floors.