Feed, nourish and enhance your wooden surfaces.
AllFinishes presents to you Liberon. A traditional superior range of wood and surface finishes that have been preserving and protecting British floors since 1912. With high advanced technology, Liberon is unbeatable in quality and are optimised for durability, quick drying with the perfect finish.
Liberon Finishing oil is a blend of high-quality oils designed to feed, nourish and enhance the colour of your wooden surfaces.
Which substrates/applications is it most suitable for?
For use on all interior wood/turned woodwork. Ideal for kitchen tables, work tops and bathroom furniture which all require a hard wearing and water resistant finish.
Suitable for all types of bare wood, and will give a matt - satin finish depending upon the number of coats applied.
Can also be applied to cork, stone and terracotta.
- Nourish, enhance and intensify the wood's natural beauty
- Ideal for interior wood, as well as cork, stone and terracotta
- For use on all interior wood, turned woodwork and wooden toys.
- Resistant against water, heat, alcohol and food acids
- Drive to a durable matt to gloss finish, dependent on the amount of coats applied
- Versatile finishing oil that can be applied to a wide range of products
- Suitable for food preparation and children's toys
|Coverage||Up to 12m² per Litre|
|Drying Time||Touch dry in 15 minutes @ 23°C. Fully cured in 24–36 hours|
|Cleanup||White spirit or brush cleaner|
|Storage||1 Year if can kept dry and firmly shut|
|Ingredients||Based on Linseed oils and waxes|
|MPN||003823, 003819, 003815, 003814|
|GTIN||5022640001037, 5022640001051, 5022640003543, 5022640003550|
Ensure the surface to be oiled is clean, dry and free from dust, dirt or any other surface contaminants.
- Any previous finishes must be removed and the surface stripped back to bare wood
- Remove any existing wax finishes with Liberon Wax and Polish Remover
- Any previous varnish finishes can be removed with Liberon Fine Wood Stripper
- Fill any holes, splits or gaps in the wood with Liberon Wood Filler or a suitable, alternative wood filler
If required, wood can be stained prior to oiling with Liberon Palette Wood Dye, or an alternative wood stain.
How do I apply Liberon Finishing Oil?
Always do a test area before starting any project, to assess product suitability and final finish. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on the tin at all times. Shake well before use.
- Liberon Finishing Oil is easily applied using a natural bristle brush or lint-free cotton cloth
- Leave the oil to penetrate for up to 10 minutes, then wipe off all the excess with a clean lint-free cloth and before the surface dries enough to become sticky
- Allow to dry for a minimum of 5 hours
- It is recommended to apply a minimum of 3 coats
- The more coats applied the higher the sheen and the more durable the finish will be
- For best results, gently rub with Liberon Ultra Fine (0000) Steel Wool between coats
Please note: The durability and sheen of the final finish is dependent on the number of coats applied. The more coats applied the higher the sheen and the more durable the finish will be.
Spills should be wiped up immediately using a damp cloth. A mild detergent can be used for stubborn stains.
Surfaces treated with Liberon Finishing Oil need to be re-oiled once a year or more, depending on usage.