Waterborne binder for quick filling of gaps in wood floors.
Bona Mix&Fill Plus is a high-solids waterborne binder designed for quick and efficient filling of gaps and cavities in wooden floors. The product is mixed with wood dust from the actual floor to be treated which gives a natural colouration that blends in with the rest of the floor. Bona Mix&Fill Plus can be used with most types of wood and for gaps up to 3 mm wide.
- Exceptional filling ability
- Fast drying
- Waterborne yet anti-corrosive (no rust stains)
- Optimized for light to medium coloured timbers
- Very low solvent content
-between applications: 15-30 minutes*
-until sanding: 30-60 minutes*
-until finish or oil treatment 1-2 hours*
*assumes normal, minor gap formation on newly installed floors at 200°C/60% RH room climate. The wider and deeper the gap, the longer the drying time. Gaps wider than 2mm need drying over night.
|Application rate:||~8-12m²/litre depending on size and quantity of gaps.|
|Cleaning:||Wipe tools free from residual material before cleaning with a minimum of water. Dried material can be removed mechanically or by scrubbing with water.|
|Disposal:||Wastes and emptied containers should be handled in accordance with local regulations.|
|Storage/transport:||The temperature must not fall below +5°C or exceed +25°C during storage/transport. Reseal the container directly after use.|
|Shelf life:||1 year from date of production, in unopened original container.|
Ensure floor is acclimatized to its end-use environment, dry and free from wax, dirt and other contamination. Sand the floor to bare wood and to grit 60-80 (before making the final cut). Temperature of the room and the product must not fall below +13C during application and drying.
- Shake can thoroughly before use.
- Mix the product in a container with fine and clean wood dust to a smooth consistency.
- Apply the mixture across the whole floor using a stainless steel trowel and repeat the procedure if necessary.
- When the surface is dry, sand off all excess Mix&Fill Plus with a belt and edge sander grit 100-120.
- Treat the floor with any Bona coating system according to respective instruction.