Happy Father's Day! Grab some half-price DIY accessories here when you spend over £30!
Create unique smokey effects with your wood!
Rubio Monocoat Smoke is especially designed to quickly give a smoked aspect to oak wood (or any other tannic acid-containing types of wood!).
Rubio Monocoat Smoke reacts on the tannic acid in the wood so the oak will age. Such treatment allows you to create unique effects, since the darkness of the aging depends on the amount of tannin in the wood. This product is so popular as it does not release any ammonia smell, and can be applied both manually and industrially.
Variations in the end result of the ﬁnish — depending on the origin, tannic acid-content and quality of the wood — mean endless possiblitie!.
Rubio Monocoat Smoke should always be applied in combination with a ﬁnish from the Rubio Monocoat Oil collection - this way an optimal molecular binding of the Rubio Monocoat ﬁnishing product with the wood is guaranteed.
- Gives a similar effect as smoking with ammonia
- Does not irritate, does not release any toxic fumes or vapours
- Can be diluted with water if the concentration is too high
|Coverage||60–100m2 per litre|
|Drying Time||Touch dry in 12–48 hours @ 23°C|
|Cleanup||Rubio Monocoat Cleaner|
|Storage||1 Year if can kept dry and firmly shut|
Sand the surface according to professional standards. When renovating old floors, you must remove all the residues from previous treatments completely (varnish, oil, wax, etc.).
Vacuum the surface and clean with Rubio Monocoat Cleaner.
Stir the product well using a stirring rod.
How to Apply Rubio Monocoat Smoke
- Apply Rubio Monocoat Smoke regularly using a roller or a brush. If a smooth effect is required saturate the surface completely with the product.
- Let the surface dry completely (12 to 48 hours).
- Sand the surface lightly with a polisher equipped with a beige pad.
- Remove any dust again.
- Depending on type of wood and preparation: +/- 20 to 40 g/m2.
- Apply Rubio Monocoat Smoke regularly using a roller or a spray gun. If a smooth effect is required saturate the surface completely with the product.
- Let the surface dry completely to the air, with a drying tunnel or UV drying.
- Sand the surface lightly with a brush sanding machine, ﬂutter or nylon.
- Remove any dust again.
- Depending on type of wood and preparation: +/- 5 to 15 g/m2. These usages are approximate.
Finish with Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C. Please consult the technical data sheet of the oil for the correct application of this product!