Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C Sample
Convenient Sample Sizes of Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C
Try out Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C Sample in any of 40 colours in a convenient sample size.
Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C is the newest generation of oils, and protects and enhances your wood in one single layer.
*Please note that samples are shipped via Royal Mail and arrive in 1-3 business days. There is no shipping charge for Sample Sizes.
Discover the revolutionary Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C Sample in a convenient size that allows you to determine which colour suits your needs. For a complete trial kit, see the Rubio Monocoat Oil Experience Kit.
Due to its' unique formulation, Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C is the only single coat application oil on the market. The natural ingredients on which the oils are based generate a molecular reaction with the exposed cellulose fibres of the wood. This ensures a consistent finish which is easy to apply in one application and absolutely no visible overlap - even after drying.
Rubio Monocoat is a premium timber oil that gives you great coverage on your project while saving on costs, as it only requires a single coating and has a large spread rate. This offers the added benefits of reduced labour time and costs. On large projects especially this will make a big difference, so rest assured that you are purchasing a premium product for a reason.
This innovative and ground-breaking molecular bonding technology provides a very high average spread rate of 50 m²/L, which makes it both cost-effective and of the finest quality!
What types of surfaces is Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C most suitable for?
- Ideal for protecting all wooden floors (solid wood, PlankWood, blockstrip, oriented strand board and cork floors) and wooden furniture. It is resistant to dirt, water and abrasion - in comparison to conventional finishes the use of plant ingredients creates a more evenly coloured and more harmonious appearance!
- Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C can be used on its' own as a Single Pack (Part A) for wooden surfaces like furniture, kitchen tops and chopping boards, but for more high-traffic or scuff-prone areas like wooden floors, bathrooms and table tops, an Accelerator (Part B) will ensure a quick dry, quick cure and superior protection. By using the Part B, the surface will be fully cured within 7 days of application.
Using Part A alone will extend the curing period to 21 days, increasing the chance of scuffing.
- Convenient sample size to test colour on your wood surface
- Monocoat contains 0% Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC), nor does it contain other harmful chemicals
- 40 colours of oil which may be combined or used in combination with pre-treatments for unlimited choice
- Monocoat is economical. 1 Litre of oil is enough to finish 30–50 square metres of wood
- The one coat system offers time savings of up to 42% compared to multi-coat wood finished
- Enhances the natural look of wood at the same time as protecting the surface
- Monocoat is versatile. The oils can be applied to any type of wood and can be used on floors, bathrooms, countertops, furniture, doors and stairs
|Coverage||30–50m2 per litre|
|Application||Brush, Roller, Pad|
|Drying Time||Touch dry in 15 minutes @ 23°C. Fully cured in 12–36 hours|
|Cleanup||White spirit or brush cleaner|
|Storage||1 Year if can kept dry and firmly shut|
|Ingredients||Based on Linseed oils and waxes|
Perfect sanding is a must for a clean and attractive surface finish. Please see the technical data sheet for the recommended sanding sequences for the surface you are treating. Vacuum thoroughly, and remove any remaining dust with Rubio Monocoat Cleaner.
A trial application of Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C is recommended on a small section of the substrate before commencing.
Oils enhance the natural tone of wood. Applying the product too generously and with insufficient ventilation will lead to delays in drying.
If using both components, carefully mix the two components (1 to 2 min) with a ratio of approximately 3:1 of Part A to Part B.
Once the cleaned surface is dry, spread out a small quantity of RMC Oil Plus 2C (Rubio Monocoat Scrubby Set or scrubbing machine with thin beige pad). Work in zones of 5–10 m2.
Let the oil absorb for a few minutes. Thoroughly remove all excess of oil (Rubio Monocoat White Cotton Cloths or scrubbing machine with white pad) within 15 minutes per zone. The surface should feel dry! Finish all zones the same way.
After 24–36 hours the surface can be used.
Wood surfaces treated with Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C are easy to maintain.
Remove coarse dirt with a broom or a vacuum cleaner. To clean, add Rubio Monocoat Natural Soap to mop water and clean the surface with a damp mop. Refresh surfaces and restore lustre with Rubio Monocoat Refresh Eco Spray.
For a general maintenance oil to refresh the look of the original oil please use Rubio Monocoat Universal Maintenance Oil.