Happy Father's Day! Grab some half-price DIY accessories here when you spend over £30!
ONE-COAT REVOLUTIONARY PROTECTION IN A BEAUTIFUL, TINTED FINISH.
The only single coat application oil on the market. Protect and enhance your wood in one single layer. The warm and rich effect ensures all of your interior wooden surfaces look both luxurious & elegant. Oil Plus 2C is VOC free, making it the ideal choice for application on your kitchen wooden surfaces.
Not sure which colour to choose? Try a sample: Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C Sample
For a completely clear, non-yellowing finish, see Rubio Monocoat Oil Pure
For more intensive colouration, please pre-treat the wooden surface with Rubio Monocoat Precolor. Designed to work in conjunction with eachother.
Do I need Part A and B?
- Part A only is recommended for low-traffic areas, such as wooden surfaces, kitchen tops & chopping boards. For high-traffic or scuff-prone areas, you will need Part B. This is an accelerator, which is especially beneficial for wooden floors, bathrooms & tabletops. Part B ensures a quick dry, cure & superior protection. The surface will be fully cured 7 days after application.
- Monocoat contains 0% Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC), nor does it contain other harmful chemicals
- 40 colours of oil which may be combined or used in combination with pre-treatments for unlimited choice
- Monocoat is economical. 1 Litre of oil is enough to finish 30–50 square metres of wood
- The one coat system offers time savings of up to 42% compared to multi-coat wood finished
- Enhances the natural look of wood at the same time as protecting the surface
- Monocoat is versatile. The oils can be applied to any type of wood and can be used on floors, bathrooms, countertops, furniture, doors and stairs
|Coverage||30m-502 per litre|
|Application||Brush, Roller, Pad|
|Drying Time||Touch dry in 15 minutes @ 23°C. Fully cured in 12–36 hours|
|Cleanup||White spirit or brush cleaner|
36 months in dry conditions and in its original packaging. Keep away from frost.
|Ingredients||Based on Linseed oils and waxes|
Perfect sanding is a must for a clean and attractive surface finish. Please see the technical data sheet for the recommended sanding sequences for the surface you are treating. Vacuum clean thoroughly, remove any remaining dust with Rubio Monocoat Cleaner.
A trial application of Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C is recommended on a small section of the substrate before commencing.
How to Apply Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C
Oils enhance the natural tone of wood. Applying the product too generously and with insufficient ventilation will lead to delays in drying.
If using both components, carefully mix the two components (1 to 2 min) with a ratio of approximately 3:1 of Part A to Part B.
Once the cleaned surface is dry, spread out a small quantity of Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C (cloth or scrubbing machine with thin beige pad). Work in zones of 5–10 m2.
Let the oil absorb for a few minutes. Thoroughly remove all excess of oil (cloth or scrubbing machine with white pad) within 15 minutes per zone. The surface should feel dry! Finish all zones the same way.
After 24–36 hours the surface can be used.
Wood surfaces treated with Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C are easy to maintain.
Remove coarse dirt with a broom or a vacuum cleaner. To clean, add Rubio Monocoat Soap to mop water and clean the surface with a damp mop. To refresh and clean intensively, use Rubio Monocoat Grease Remover, Rubio Monocoat Limespot Remover or Rubio Monocoat Tannin Remover when necessary.
For a general maintenance oil to refresh the look of the original oil please use Rubio Monocoat Universal Maintenance Oil.