Rubio Monocoat Hybrid Wood Protector
Colour and protect your exterior wood with one coat technology.
Easy application and maintenance. Available in 12 traditional colours (including Pure) and 8 contemporary POP colours. Suitable for almost all types of wood inside and out - in particular cladding, decking and fencing.
Areas of Use
All kinds of interior and exterior woodwork, including garden furniture, decking, fences and cladding.
For 20ml samples to test colour please click here.
- Integrated UV Stabiliser
- Easy to apply, fast drying
- Non-film forming - will not flake off
- VOC free
- Use in conjunction with RMC Sunprimer HWP for a deeper colour (vertical wood only)
|Coverage||20m2 per litre|
|Application||Brush or Cloth|
|Drying Time||Dry in 24 hours @ 23°C; Fully cured in 7 days|
|Storage||1 Year if can kept dry and firmly shut|
Please note if oiling areas with high use, we strongly recommend mixing with 10% of Rubio's Part B Accelerator. Please consult the tech data sheet for full application instructions.
- Pure is a clear oil which contains no coloured pigments, however it does not offer protection against UV rays. This means the wood will naturally grey over time offering a rustic style look for your timber.
- The UV protection is offered by the oil's colour pigments, so if you wish to retain the look of your timber but still protect against UV rays we recommend trialling sachets of Natural and Teak.
Rubio's HWP makes for the perfect one coat decking oil.
- To achieve a dark solid colour please note that the coverage will be less - around 10m2 per litre
- Charcoal is blacker than black. To achieve a jet-black finish please use Charcoal.
- For vertical wood such as fences and cladding, pre-treat with Rubio Monocoat Sunprimer for a deeper, more intensive coloured finish. This is recommended for new untreated wood only.
Remove all residues of old applications.
Clean surface using Rubio Monocoat Exterior Wood Cleaner. If a deeper coloud is desired, use Rubio Monocoat Sunprimer HWP beforehand (Sunprimer is only suitable for vertical exterior structures, not decking).
Stir oil thoroughly before use. The product MUST not be diluted under any circumstances.
For optimal results, it is strongly recommened that the preparation is done with our collection of Rubio Monocoat products. Never apply in direct sunlight and at temperatures under 10ºC. Only work when weather conditions are dry.
Once the cleaned surface is dry, apply a layer of Rubio Monocoat Hybrid Wood Protector with a flat brush.
Leave to react for 10 minutes. Smooth the surface again with the same brush (without applying new product). After 5 minutes wipe off traces of excess product with a piece of cloth.
Do not cover and do not place heavy objects on the wood until completely dry.
Let dry for about 24 hours. Complete curing takes place after 7 days.
Horizontal surfaces need to be rubbed dry if they are exposed to rain within 24–36 hours after applying the oil.