Osmo Polyx Oil Original
A beautiful, durable finish for your interior wooden floors and surfaces.
Osmo Polyx Oil Original is a clear, natural oil which combines the advantages of both natural oils and waxes to create the perfect wood finish. Leaves a beautifully smooth surface & is resistant to dirt, water and abrasion. In comparison to conventional finishes, the use of plant ingredients creates an evenly coloured and harmonious appearance.
- Ideal for interior timber (especially untreated softwoods)
- Available in Gloss, Satin, Semi-Matt, and Matt
- Resistant to wine, beer, cola, tea, fruit juice, milk and water (in accordance to DIN 68861-1A – no water spots)
- The microporous surface allows the wood to breathe and reduces swelling and shrinkage.
- Safe for humans, animals and plants. Suitable for children‘s toys as per EN 71.3 (European norm). Saliva and Sweat resistant in accordance to DIN 53160 (German industrial norm).
|Coverage||24m² per litre|
|Application||Osmo Floor Brush, Roller, Pad|
|Drying Time||Touch dry in 8–10 hours @ 23°C|
|Coats||2 coats recommended|
|Cleanup||Osmo Brush Cleaner and Thinner 8000|
|Storage||5 years if can kept dry and firmly shut. Store for 24–36 hours at room temperature before use|
|Ingredients||Based on natural plant oils and waxes (sunflower oil, soya oil, thistle oil, carnauba wax and candelilla wax), paraffin, siccatives (drying agents) and water-repellent additives. Dearomatized white spirit (benzene-free)|
|MPN||3011, 3032, 3062, 3065|
Alternative Osmo Products
|Osmo Polyx Oil Tints||
Use as a base coat - especially recommended for wooden floors.
Alternatively use 2 coats of Polyx Oil Tints for a strong depth of colour on low-traffic areas.
|Osmo Polyx Oil Raw||Use to retain the 'raw', light characteristics of untreated wood|
|Osmo Wood Wax Finish Extra Thin||Use as an alternative to Polyx Oil Original for hardwoods, such as Teak, Ipe & Meranti|
|Osmo Polyx Oil Anti Slip||Polyx Oil with anti-slip properties - use for stairs or flooring|
|Osmo Polyx Oil Rapid||Cuts drying times in half. Perfect for when time is of the essence.|
|Osmo Polyx Oil Express||Osmo's quickest every drying wood oil|
|Osmo Polyx Oil 2K||Two-part flooring oil for professional, machine application only|
Perfect sanding is a must for a clean and attractive surface finish. Please see the technical data sheet for the recommended sanding sequences for the surface you are treating. A trial application of Osmo Polyx Oil Original is recommended on a small section of the substrate before commencing.
How do I apply Osmo Polyx Oil Original?
Which surfaces/applications is Osmo Polyx Original most suitable for?
Osmo Polyx Oil Original is perfect for protecting all wooden floors (Solid Wood, Plank wood, Blockstrip, Oriented Strand Board and cork floors) and wooden furniture. Please see below for a complete list of recommended wooden substrates.
Oils enhance the natural tone of wood. Applying the product too generously and with insufficient ventilation will lead to delays in drying.
For dark and extractive-rich hardwoods (e.g. Wenge, Merbau, Jatoba etc.), we recommend using Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin. For Cork surfaces, due to their high absorbency please ensure that the wood finish is applied thinly. Longer drying times are to be taken into consideration (at least 24 hours).
Allow to dry for approximately 8-10 hours with good ventilation. Lower temperatures and/or higher air humidity can increase the drying time. After drying, quickly apply a second thin coat. When renovating or recoating an already oiled surface, one coat applied to the clean and dry surface is usually sufficient.
After 2-3 weeks, the surface is completely and thoroughly hardened.
Wood surfaces treated with Polyx Oil are easy to maintain.
Remove coarse dirt with a broom or a vacuum cleaner. To clean, add Osmo Wash and Care concentrate to mop water and clean the surface with a damp mop. To refresh and clean intensively, use Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner when necessary.
If a higher gloss level is desired, after thoroughly drying apply Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner thinly and polish when dry.
Which wooden substrates is Osmo Polyx Oil Original most suitable for?
- Douglas Fir
- Maple - please apply thinly and ensure you carry out a trial application before use.
- American/European Walnut - please apply thinly and ensure you carry out a trial application before use.
- Smoked Oak - 3011 Glossy, 3032 Satin, 3065 Semi-Matt are possible, but 3062 Matt is not recommended because the matting agents within 3062 are likely to react with the dark colour and result with an unwanted white powdery effect,
- South American Walnut
- Green Oak
- Other woods treated with a varnish, lacquer or other surface coatings must be completely sanded before use.