Osmo Polyx® Oil Original
The Original Hardwax Oil.
Osmo Polyx Oils are developed from natural oils and waxes to provide the most hardwearing, durable protection for wooden flooring and furniture on the market. The emphasis on the wood's grain and natural characteristics provides a warm and rich effect to ensure that any interior looks both luxurious and elegant. Intensify your wood's true beauty.
Osmo Polyx Oil Original is a clear, natural oil which combines the advantages of both natural oils and waxes to create the perfect wood finish. Available in 3011 Clear Glossy, 3032 Clear Satin, 3065 Clear Semi-Matt, and 3062 Clear Matt.
The product will leave a smooth surface, and is resistant to dirt, water and abrasion. In comparison to conventional finishes, the use of plant ingredients creates a far more evenly coloured and harmonious appearance.
Which surfaces/applications is Osmo Polyx Original most suitable for?
Osmo Polyx Oil Original is perfect for protecting all wooden floors (Solid Wood, Plank wood, Blockstrip, Oriented Strand Board and cork floors) and wooden furniture. Please see below for a complete list of recommended wooden substrates.
- Ideal for interior timber (especially untreated softwoods)
- Available in Gloss, Satin, Semi-Matt, and Matt
- Resistant to wine, beer, cola, tea, fruit juice, milk and water (in accordance to DIN 68861-1A – no water spots)
- The microporous surface allows the wood to breathe and reduces swelling and shrinkage.
- Safe for humans, animals and plants. Suitable for children‘s toys as per EN 71.3 (European norm). Saliva and Sweat resistant in accordance to DIN 53160 (German industrial norm).
|Coverage||24m² per litre|
|Application||Brush, Roller, Pad|
|Drying Time||Touch dry in 8–10 hours @ 23°C|
|Coats||2 coats recommended|
|Cleanup||Osmo Brush Cleaner and Thinner 8000|
|Storage||5 years if can kept dry and firmly shut. Store for 24–36 hours at room temperature before use|
|Ingredients||Based on natural plant oils and waxes (sunflower oil, soya oil, thistle oil, carnauba wax and candelilla wax), paraffin, siccatives (drying agents) and water-repellent additives. Dearomatized white spirit (benzene-free)|
|MPN||3011, 3032, 3062, 3065|
Perfect sanding is a must for a clean and attractive surface finish. Please see the technical data sheet for the recommended sanding sequences for the surface you are treating. A trial application of Osmo Polyx Oil Original is recommended on a small section of the substrate before commencing.
How do I apply Osmo Polyx Oil Original?
Oils enhance the natural tone of wood. Applying the product too generously and with insufficient ventilation will lead to delays in drying.
For dark and extractive-rich hardwoods (e.g. Wenge, Merbau, Jatoba etc.), we recommend using Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin. For Cork surfaces, due to their high absorbency please ensure that the wood finish is applied thinly. Longer drying times are to be taken into consideration (at least 24 hours).
Allow to dry for approximately 8-10 hours with good ventilation. Lower temperatures and/or higher air humidity can increase the drying time. After drying, quickly apply a second thin coat. When renovating or recoating an already oiled surface, one coat applied to the clean and dry surface is usually sufficient.
After 2-3 weeks, the surface is completely and thoroughly hardened.
Wood surfaces treated with Osmo Polyx Oil Original are easy to maintain!
Remove coarse dirt with a broom or a vacuum cleaner. To clean, add Osmo Wash and Care concentrate to mop water and clean the surface with a damp mop. To refresh and clean intensively, use Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner when necessary.
If a higher gloss level is desired, after thoroughly drying apply Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner thinly and polish when dry.
Which wooden substrates is Osmo Polyx Oil Original most suitable for?
- Douglas Fir
- Maple - please apply thinly and ensure you carry out a trial application before use.
- American/European Walnut - please apply thinly and ensure you carry out a trial application before use.
- Smoked Oak - 3011 Glossy, 3032 Satin, 3065 Semi-Matt are possible, but 3062 Matt is not recommended because the matting agents within 3062 are likely to react with the dark colour and result with an unwanted white powdery effect,
- South American Walnut
- Green Oak
- Other woods treated with a varnish, lacquer or other surface coatings must be completely sanded before use.
- A base coat of Osmo Wood Protector is recommended for use in bathrooms or kitchens.
- Clear oils can darken the appearance of the wood - Osmo Polyx Oil Raw 3044 can help to retain light shades.
Manufacturer's Part Numbers (MPN):
3011S, 3011A, 3011B, 3011C, 3011D, 3011E, 3032S, 3032A, 3032B, 3032C, 3032D, 3032E, 3062S, 3062A 3062B, 3062C, 3062D, 3062E, 3065S, 3065A, 3065B, 3065C, 3065D, 3065E
4006850745937, 4006850744312, 4006850744329, 4006850744336, 4006850744343, 4006850744350, 4006850745906, 4006850105359, 4006850112647, 4006850104444, 4006850104451, 4006850104468, 4006850745913, 4006850296293, 4006850118649, 4006850117970, 4006850117987, 4006850117994, 4006850745920, 4006850682492, 4006850674398, 4006850674404, 4006850674411, 4006850745920