Happy Father's Day! Grab some half-price DIY accessories here when you spend over £30!
beautifully enhance your wood's natural finish.
Easy French Polish is a shellac and rein-blended polish ideal for use on furniture, carved woodwork & artefacts in rare or exotic woods. Suitable for use on small surfaces measuring 1m² or less - will beautifully enhance the wood's natural finish. Produces superb results quickly.
Available in clear for a natural effect, it is ideal for beginners embarking on furniture restoriation.
- Clear, natural effect available in a 250ml tin
- Ideal for beginners to furniture restoration
- Easy to use
- Suitable for use on small surfaces
Ensure the surface is clean & bare. Remove any wax finishes with Wax and Polish Remove and any varnish with Fine Wood Stripper. Sand with extra fine abrasive paper & remove any dust with a tack cloth.
Use a good quality brush or cloth. Apply a thin coat of Easy French Polish. Work with the grain of the wood and avoid overlaping between strokes. Allow a drying time of three to four hours between coats. Gently rub down the dried coat using extra fine abrasive paper or Ultra Fine Steel Wool (Grade 0000) for a smooth surface. Use a tack cloth to remove any dust. Apply as many coats as necessay, ensuring you follow the same instructions.
3 - 4 coats are usually sufficient to achieve a quality finish.
- Always test the product first on a spare surface or inconspicuous area to check the compatability and end result. Best results are on small to medium sized pieces as the product dries quickly.
- We recommend practicing on small pieces prior to application on a larger surface.
- Use a good quality flat lacquer brush and check for loose bristles as they can spoil the finish. Always work with the grain of the wood when applying Easy French Polish or when sanding the surface.