Jotun Hardtop XP is a two-component polyurethane protective coating for steel structures in aggressive atmospheric environments.
Our most popular polyurethane topcoat - combines excellent application properties with good colour and Gloss retention. A hardwearing topcoat for use in aggressive atmospheric exposure. Network Rail/Railtrack approved. Highways Approved Item No. 168. Tintable to bespoke colours.
Area of Use
Marine: Topsides, Decks and Superstructures
Protective: Offshore Environments, Refineries, Power Plants, Bridges and Buildings
Also suitable for a wide range of industrial structures. Perfect for when a durable weather-resistant finish is required.
Chemically curing aliphatic acrylic polyurethane coating
|Coverage||Approximately 6.3-12.6m2 per litre|
|Stock Colours||Only available in tints|
|Tintable||Yes - RAL and BS colours. (non-refundable/exchangable)|
|Application||Air Spray, Airless Spray, Brush or Roller|
|Drying Time||Touch dry in 2 hours, Dry to recoat 10 hours, Fully cured in 10 days @ 23°C|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT)||
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT)||
|Cleaner/Thinner||Jotun Thinner No. 10 and Jotun Thinner No. 26|
|Storage||2 years if can kept dry and firmly shut, away from direct sunlight|
Approvals and Certificates
- This product is part of the Network Rail/Railtrack RT98 Systems M20, M21, M24, M34, N1, N2, N4 and N9
- Certificate numbers XM92/M20-140, M20-179, XM92/M20-149, XM92-163, XM92/M21-093, XM92/M21-147, XM92/M21-139, XM92/M21-150, XM92/M24-141, XM92/M24-142, XM92/M24-143,XM92/M24-144, XM92/M24-145, XM92/M24-146, XM92/M24-126, XM92/M34-005, XM92/M34-006, XN90/N1-075, XM90/N1-061, XN90/N2-076, XN90/N2-078, XN90/N2-056, XN90/N2-064, XN90/N4-077, N4-102, XN90-085, XN90/N9-065 and XN90/N9-069
- Highways Approved HA Item No168
- BBA HAPAS certified for corrosion protection of structural steelwork in highway applications
- LuL Reg No.538: Standard 1-085: XM92 is a protective treatment for use on steel structures coated with sound aged alkyd paints where the existing paint cannot totally be removed. The Jotun system is surface tolerant and suitable for application to abrasive blast-cleaned surfaces, hand or power tool cleaned surfaces and over sound, aged alkyd paint. It complies with LU Standard 1-085 'Fire Safety Performance of Materials' but only when applied to bare steel, not as a coating over other paint.
- NORSOK System 1, Rev.5
- Grain, Newcastle Occupational Health
- Food, Compliant with USA, FDA Title 21, Part 175.300 for dry solids