Jotamastic 90 Winter Grade is the abrasion resistant 2K epoxy mastic for repair and maintenance in cold conditions.
Jotamastic 90 is a two-component polyamine cured epoxy mastic coating that designed for premium repair, problem solving, maintenance primer. Surface tolerant, abrsasion-resistant and suitable for interior and exterior surfaces. Apply at temperatures below 0°C. Can be used alone as a primer, mid coat, finish coat or as a single coat system in atmospheric and immersed environments. Use product for areas where optimum surface preparation is not possible or desired. Provides long lasting protection in environments with high corrosivity - this product is also tintable in a wide range of colours in Jotun's Multicolor Industry (MCI) system, as well as RAL and BS.
Area of Use
Perfect for use on a wide range of industrial structures such as containers, bridges, railings and buildings and is especially good in atmospheric and immersed environments and can be applied at sub zero surface temperatures. Suitable for properly prepared carbon steel, galvanised steel, stainless steel, aluminium, concrete and a range of aged coating surfaces. Other industrial uses are:
General: Primarily designed for maintenance and repair
Marine: Outside hulls, exterior and interior areas
Protective: Recommended for offshore environments, including splash zones, refineries, power plants, bridges, buildings, mining equipment and general structural steel
Approvals and Certifications
- Low flame spread certificate according to IMO FTPC Part 5
- Highways Agency Approved - Item No. 116
- Grain, Newcastle Occupational Health
- Approved for PSPC for Crude Oil Tanks according to IMO Res, MSC 288(87)
- NORSOK System 1, Rev.5
- Part of a complete system that is certified to Network Rail Line Specification NR/L3/CIV/039 System M20 and M24 (Cert. No's. XM92/M20-168, XM92/M24-170 Item 7.1.7.
- Tintable - offering increased colour flexibility and workability
- Short overcoating intervals - improving productivity
- Robust and user friendly - offering the assurance of safe application
- Surface tolerant mastic coating for maintenance and repair
- Abrasion resistrant
- Comes with Winter Grade Activator
- Can be used over existing alkyd paint, epoxy, zinc epoxy and shop primer
Polyamine cured epoxy mastic coating
|Coverage||Approximately 2.7 - 8m2 per litre|
|Stock Colours||Small colour range|
|Application||Airless Spray, Brush or Roller|
|Drying Time||Touch dry in 7 hours, Dry to recoat 10 hours, Fully cured in 7 days @ 23°C|
|Mix Ratio||6:1 with Jotamastic 87 Standard Comp B|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT)||
125 - 375 μm
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT)||
100 - 300 μm
|Cleaner/Thinner||Clean directly after using Jotun Thinner No. 17|
To secure lasting adhesion to the subsequent product all surfaces shall be clean, dry and free from any contamination.
|Coated surfaces||Clean, dry and undamaged compatible
coating (ISO 12944-5 6.1)
|Clean, dry and undamaged compatible
coating (ISO 12944-5 6.1)
|Carbon steel||St 2 (ISO 8501-1)||St 2 (ISO 8501-1)|
|Shop Primed Steel||Clean, dry and undamaged shop
primer (ISO 12944-5 6.1)
|Sa 2 (ISO 8501-1)|
Apply using an Airless Spray, Brush or Roller. Easy application.
The product must be stored in accordance with national regulations. Keep the containers in a dry, cool, well ventilated space and away from sources of heat and ignition. Containers must be kept tightly closed. Handle with care.
Shelf life at 23 °C Conseal Touch-Up 48 month(s). In some markets commercial shelf life can be dictated shorter by local legislation. The above is minimum shelf life, thereafter the paint quality is subject to re-inspection.