Jotamastic 90 is the abrasion resistant 2K epoxy mastic for repair and maintenance in normal conditions.
A polyamine cured, two-pack, abrasion resistant, high solids, anticorrosive, surface-tolerant, epoxy mastic coating with abrasion resistance qualities for repair and maintenance. It is ideal for use on steel where blast cleaning may not be possible, surfaces that are still moist and as a solution for less severe environments.
Jotamastic 90 is a two component polyamine cured epoxy mastic coating that is a surface tolerant, abrasion resistance, high solids and high build product. This product is tintable in a wide range of colours in Jotun's Multicolor Industry (MCI) system. Specially designed for areas where optimum surface preparation is not possible or desired. Provides long lasting protection in environments with high corrosivity.
Can be used as primer, mid coat, finish coat or as single coat system in atmospheric and immersed environments, and is suitable for properly prepared carbon steel, galvanised steel, stainless steel, aluminium, concrete and a range of aged coating surfaces. Jotamastic 90 can also be applied at sub zero surface temperatures!
What applications/uses is Jotamastic 90 most suitable for?
- General: Primarily designed for maintenance and repair
- Marine: Outside hulls, exterior and interior areas
- Protective: Recommended for offshore environments, including splash zones, refineries, power plants, bridges, buildings, mining equipment and general structural steel
Approvals and Certifications
- Low flame spread certificate according to IMO FTPC Part 5
- Highways Agency Approved - Item No. 116
- Grain, Newcastle Occupational Health
- Approved for PSPC for Crude Oil Tanks according to IMO Res, MSC 288(87)
- NORSOK System 1, Rev.5
- Part of a complete system that is certified to Network Rail Line Specification NR/L3/CIV/039 System M20 and M24 (Cert. No's. XM92/M20-168, XM92/M24-170 Item 7.1.7.
- Tintable - offering increased colour flexibility and workability
- Short overcoating intervals - improving productivity
- Robust and user friendly - offering the assurance of safe application
- Surface tolerant for maintenance and repair
|Coverage||Approximately 2.7 - 8m2 per litre|
|Drying Time||Touch dry in 4 hours, Dry to recoat 3 hours, Fully cured in 7 days @ 23°C|
|Mix Ratio||3.5:1 with Jotamastic 90 Standard Comp B|
Dry film thickness: 100 - 300 μm
Wet film thickness: 125 - 375 μm
|Cleanup||Clean directly after using Jotun Thinner No. 17|
|Storage||2 years if can kept dry and firmly shut, away from direct sunlight|
To secure lasting adhesion to the subsequent product all surfaces shall be clean, dry and free from any contamination.
|Coated surfaces||Clean, dry and undamaged compatible
coating (ISO 12944-5 6.1)
|Clean, dry and undamaged compatible
coating (ISO 12944-5 6.1)
|Carbon steel||St 2 (ISO 8501-1)||St 2 (ISO 8501-1)|
|Shop Primed Steel||Clean, dry and undamaged shop
primer (ISO 12944-5 6.1)
|Sa 2 (ISO 8501-1)|
The product can be applied by:
|Spray||Use Airless Spray|
|Brush||Recommended for stripe coating and small areas.|
|Roller||May be used for small areas. Not recommended for the first primer coat.|
The product must be stored in accordance with national regulations. Keep the containers in a dry, cool, well ventilated space and away from sources of heat and ignition. Containers must be kept tightly closed. Handle with care.
Shelf life at 23 °C Conseal Touch-Up 48 month(s). In some markets commercial shelf life can be dictated shorter by local legislation. The above is minimum shelf life, thereafter the paint quality is subject to re-inspection.