Acrylic based mastic for sealing gaps between floors and skirting boards
Bona Gapmaster is silicon-free, acrylic based mastic for sealing gaps towards skirting boards in connection to wooden floors.
- Permanently elastic
- Solvent- , isocyanate-, and silicon free
- Excellent self-a and side bonding
- High initial and final bonding strength
- Coatable with all Bona finishes
Product Type: Permanent acryl mastic
Maximum movement tolerance: 15 %
Application temperature: Min. +5 to max. +35°C (sealant and substrate)
Density (DIN EN ISO 2811-1): 1,57 ± 0,05 g/cm³
Skin forming time (23°C/50% rH): approx. 10 min
Consumption: 310 ml of sealant is sufficient for about 12 running meters of joints measuring 5 x 5 mm or about 3 running meters of joints measuring 10 x 10 mm.
Drying time: Ca. 18-24 hrs. at 23°C /50 % rH (The product cures by means of desiccation.
High humidity, low temperature and joint depth above 15 mm can delay skin formation and curing significantly.
Tools: Manual, battery-powered or pneumatic caulking gun
Shelf life: 2 years from date of production in unopened original cartridge
Storage/transport: The temperature must not fall below +5°C or exceed +40°C during storage and transport.
Disposal: Wastes and emptied containers should be handled in accordance with local regulations.
The substrate must be dry, firm, and free of dust and grease. At least one of the surfaces to be bonded must be absorbent or diffusion-permeable. Before sealant application, remove any cement slurry, mold release agents or impregnations. In renovation projects, old sealant, remains of paint and loose material must be fully removed. The joint must always be provided with a suitable, correctly dimensioned backing (e.g. PE cord, mineral wool) to prevent adhesion on three faces. To avoid contamination and to achieve a precise joint, we recommend masking the joint edges with adhesive tape before application.
- Cut the dome of the tube with a sharp knife, taking care not to damage the thread. Screw the nozzle on. Cut the nozzle at an angle to suit the size and shape of the joint.
- Apply a continuous bead ensuring contact is made with both sides of the gap.
- Immediately smooth bead with flat edge, sponge or wetted finger.
- Any adhesive tape used can be removed immediately after the application