Bona Decor Paint is a waterborne paint used before being sealed with Bona’s waterborne lacquer.
Bona Decor Paint is a waterborne paint with ultra-hide properties, specially developed for hardwood* floors. It covers in 1-2 coats and establishes an excellent background before being sealed with Bona’s waterborne lacquer.
- Excellent hiding
- Quick dry
- Easy application
|Paint Type:||1 component waterborne polyurethrane dispersion|
|Colours:||White, Light Grey, Dark Grey, Black|
|Drying Time||2-3 hours|
|Application Tools:||Bona Microfiber Roller with 5mm pile|
|Application Rate:||12-15 m² per litre per coat Safety|
|Cleaning:||Wipe tools free from residual material before cleaning with a minimum of water. Dried material can be removed with acetone.|
|Shelf Life:||2 years from date of production in unopened original container.|
|Storage Transport:||The temperature must not fall below +5°C or exceed +25°C during storage and transport.|
|Disposal:||Wastes and emptied containers should be handled in accordance with local regulations.|
|VOC||Max. 140g per litre|
|Dilution:||Can be diluted with up to 50 vol.% Bona Novia|
Ensure floor is acclimatized to its end-use environment, well sanded and/or brushed, dry and free from sanding dust, oil, wax and other contamination. Allow paint to reach room temperature and stir the container thoroughly before use. Recommended application conditions are 18-25 C and 30-60% relative air humidity. High temperatures and low humidity shorten, low temperatures and high humidity lengthen drying time. The minimum temperature for use is 13°C.
- If using White or Light Grey Paint. Pre-treat the surface with Bona Classic Primer and let dry. Do not sand on the primer. If using Dark Grey or Black paint then this step can be omitted.
- Apply paint using a Bona Microfiber Roller 5 mm and let dry.
- Make a light intermediate abrasion to reduce any grain raise using Bona Scrad Pad with 2x grit 150 Bona Scrad Wings or finer. Vacuum or dust wipe.
- If required, for complete hiding, apply a second coat of paint and let dry.
- Protect the surface with any gloss level and version of Bona Traffic or Traffic HD. Alternatively, Bona Novia can be used. Apply 1-2 layers depending on the expected level of wear.
Write Your Own Review