A classic light wood colouration for your interior wooden floors.
Bona Classic Primer is a ready-to-use trade quality primer, designed to seal softwod and hardwood floors prior to varnishing. The primer is to be used in conjunction with Bona Floor Varnishes, such as Bona Mega, Bona Traffic HD or Bona Traffic HD Anti-Slip. The classic formula will produce a well-bodied non-yellowing surface. Bona Classic Primer is blended with the purest raw materials and is manufactured in Sweden, assuring you a superior quality product and finish every time.
Areas of Use
Interior: Softwood & hardwood floors, hardwood floor with underfloor heating, softwood plank floors, end-grain floors
- A one-component waterborne acrylic primer
- Results in a light wood colouration
- High elasticity
- Suitable for hard and softwoods, including hardwod flooring with underheating
- High solids content
- Quick drying
- Solvent content less than 3%
- Compatible with all Bona’s waterborne varnishes
- GreenGuard approved for low indoor emissions
|Coverage||Approx 8–10m2 per litre|
|Drying Time||Touch dry and ready to recoat in 2.5–3.5 hours @ 20°C. Light use in 24 hours|
|Coats||Untreated wood — 1 coat of Bona Classic Primer, 1 coat of Bona Lacquer, 1 coat of Bona Topcoat|
|Cleanup||Clean directly after using water|
|Storage||1 Year if can kept dry and firmly shut and away from direct sunlight|
Safety Data Sheet (139kb PDF)
Ensure floor is acclimatised to its end-use environment. The surface which is to be treated must be sanded back to bare wood, dry and free from sanding dust, oil, wax and other contamination. It is recommended to finalise the sanding with a Multi Disc.
Allow product to reach room temperature. Optimal application conditions are between 18–25°C and 30–60% relative air humidity. High temperatures and low humidity shorten drying time; low temperatures and high humidity lengthen drying time. Minimum temperature for use is 13°C.
Using a Bona Roller, apply the primer evenly avoiding accumulation of product. Care should be taken to achieve a uniform level of timber saturation to avoid colour variation. Always maintain a ‘wet edge’ to avoid overlaps.
Allow to dry and apply 2–3 layers of a waterborne lacquer from Bona depending on wear resistance requirements.
- Start the application by stroking the roller along the room’s edge, going wall to wall, along the grain of the wood. Use a brush to reach all the way out to the edge
- Smooth the brush application with the roller
- Stroke once again with the roller, wall to wall, but leave a small space between the previous roller strokes
- Close and smooth out the gap on your return
- Repeat in the same manner until the entire floor has been treated
Bona Classic Primer should never be used as the final treatment for timber floors.